Either you have gotten to this page through the Administrate page or directy from the main page. The gallery that is being administrated can be seen in hte header of the page. The page is divided into 6 sections:
- Add image. Add a new image to the gallery. Select an imgae by clicking the "Browse" button. Optionally write a comment that should be attached to the image. Select whether the image should be public or not (i.e. private) and last select what should be the default size of the image when its thumbnail is clicked. It is recommended that if the original image is bigger than most displays (e.g. 1024x768) then a smaller default image should be used. The original image can always bee seen by clicing the "100%" link below the thumbnail. The date that can be seen when "Show image info" is selected is taken from EXIF headers of the image. If a date cannot be found that way, today's date will be used.
- Preview. Here you can see a preview of an image when selected in any of the sections 3, 4 and 5.
- Image properties. View and change the image properties of an image. Select an image from the list and all its recorded properties are displayed. If you want to change anything do so and press the "Change" button.
- Remove image. Remove an image from the gallery. Be aware that this action cannot be undone. Select an image from the list and press the "Remove" button.
- Move image. Move an image from this gallery to another. Select which image you want to move, select which gallery to move to and press the "Move" button.
- Gallery properties. Change the properties of this gallery. Either change the name, its public status or both. Type a new name, select whether it should be public or not and press the "Change" button. If you just want to change it public status, you don't have to type in a name in the text box.
There are some error that can occur when administrating a gallery. The most common one is that you can't add an image with the same name as an existing on to the same gallery. That error, and others, are displayed in the "Status" bar at the bottom of the page. There you can also see confimations of successful operations. Success is typed with green text and errors are typed with red.